Friday, May 25, 2007

Hmm ... I can almost smell them ...

Don't you love the smell of burning yankees? I sure prefer it to that of exams on the doorstep. Tomorrow I have my firs exam, optimisation ... it's how lecturers measure the limits of your brain by various theorems and proofs like:


Proof: Since the set F is bounded, f(x) is bounded below on F.Since F 
= ∅, there exists v =infx∈F f(x). By definition, for any > 0, the set F = {x∈F : v≤f(x) ≤v+}is non-empty. Let k →0as k→∞,and let xk ∈F.Since F is bounded, there exists a subsequence of {xk }converging
k
x∈F. By continuity of f(x), we have f(¯to some ¯x) = limk→∞ f(xk ), and, since v≤f(xk ) ≤v+ k , it follows that f(¯x) = limk→∞ f(xk )= v


Surely its not for the faint hearted as it can take over your nervous system and bring you in an overjoyful state that can make you loose urself into oblivion. You know what I did? I skipped those kind of proofs.

Good luck to all starting exams.

2 Comments:

At 1:10 AM, Blogger Erika said...

gordon would be proud to read this post xd

 
At 10:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck for your exams! I, on the other hand can almost smell Summmer mhmmmm... *pause*... NOT!
Lofl, stress levels really are high I guess! XD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home